Mobile Hearing Conservation Services
Mobile hearing testing is conducted by CAOHC-certified audiometric technicians under the supervision of certified and licensed Occupational Audiologiststrue experts in hearing conservation. Our custom-built vans are clean, quiet, and very high-tech!
- Otoscopic examinations are conducted prior to testing.
- 8000 Hz is tested to assist in work-relatedness determination.
- Background noise levels are monitored and testing is paused when excessive noise is present.
- A thorough history is reviewed to identify causes of hearing loss.
- Test instructions presented under headphones are available in multiple languages.
- State-of-the-art microprocessor audiometers are used to promote consistency and accuracy.
- OSHA/MSHA-compliant Hearing Test Notification forms are printed immediately following each test.
- Easy-to-read management reports are generated to identify:
- Standard Threshold Shifts (STS)
- Possible OSHA 300 Log Recordables
- Summary Statistics
- Employees Tested and Employees Not Tested
- All persons with an STS/Possible Recordable are automatically retested.
- Audiometer calibration checks and sound booth background noise levels are documented.
- Audiologist Review Reports are sent via USPS within 2-3 business days. Upon request, we will send reports electronically within same time frame.
Mobile Testing Services Locations
* For testing outside of the area shown here, please call (888) WPI-0001.
Hearing Test Only
Hearing testing is conducted with up to four employees seated in our quiet two-person sound booths. State-of-the-art microprocessor audiometers transfer test results into Workplace Applications software to produce instant Hearing Test Notification reports in either English or Spanish.
Immediately following each test, a Hearing Test Notification is printedone for the employer and one for the employee at the employer’s discretion. Employee signatures are secured to document notification of test results. Standard Threshold Shift notification is instantnot days or weeks later!
Good training is vital to hearing loss prevention! An OSHA/MSHA-compliant hearing conservation training video is presented to the employee while on the test van. The audio portion is presented under headphones in either English or Spanish as appropriate. Documentation of completed training is provided to the employer.
Hearing Protection Fit Training
Technician will demonstrate the proper technique/procedure for insertion and removal of hearing protection.